SLC 503 major error 150h (S6 file)

huffman333

Have communications with processor, but won't read I/O config. Will Download to processor, but when you go to "RUN" it immediately faults to error code 150h. Which is "rack data error". I have swapped other cpu's.ut only this one errors out. Anyone have any ideas or do I just need to get a new processor?
Thanks!

Try reseting the cpu... unplug the battery and do somthing else

I forgot how/what pins to short, but search this site, its worth a try

When up upload does it show all the cards?

I have shorted the VBB and GND pads on the back, but makes no difference. All I/O cards show up in the list, but I have to manually select them, because in read I/O mode it tells me that it cannot detect the 4 slot that I am using, which are 1 dc sink, 1 dc source and 2 relay outputs.

Since other controllers work correctly in the same chassis, and the error definitely points to a chassis interface error, I'd guess that you have a bad backplane interface chip on your CPU.

The error 0x150, I think, is what you get when the backplane interface has an error but cannot determine which slot is causing it. A general failure of the backplane interface could cause this error.

Eliminate simple causes by blowing clean the mainbord with canned air, and checking the backplane connector for bent pins.

Good work, by the way, on your first post. Concise, informative, open-minded. Wish most first-time posters did so well.