Searching for an IEC 61850 OPC server

L.GL

Hello,

I'm working on a WinCC scada project. The customer wants to have a IEC61850 communication. I don't know if SIEMENS offers an OPC server for this protocol or a dedicated driver, if somebody knows it'll help me. WinCC is an OPC client/server if you have a good experience with an IEC61850 OPC server please tell me where I can find it and if possible the approximative price.

Thanks in advance,

Lionel

It is not Siemens that must supply the OPC server. WinCC is an OPC client.
In stead, try to find out who the supplier of the IEC61850 network components is, and see if they have an OPC server.

Just googled for "IEC61850 OPC server". There was at least one good link.

Thank you,

I've done what you've mentionned but I prefer if possible have a return of experience on a product. It's for a potential customer and I want to be sure that it'll work good.

Thank you again

I would like to revive the thread.

Our potential customer just has baught Areva P141 (P142) in big numbers (it was a 'political' decision as I have heard). The devices come with implemented IEC 61850 protocol.

Our task is to built something working on base of SCADA system (preferably RSView32). Of course I understand the idea with OPC driver. So have anybody here experience in working with the protocol (IEC 61850). What 61850 OPC driver is the best? (more reliable, more easy, more sophisticated...)

Any suggestions and recomendations would be highly appreciated.