panelview to a SmartMedia memory adapter?

john_bryan

All,

I've been using an ATA CompactFlash memory adapter to load my PanelView 1000's with good success.
Has anyone had any luck with a Smart Media memory? I've got one formatted as (64mb) FAT16, but keeps getting am ERROR: 324.
Help?

Thanks, John

I doubt this will work; PanelView Standard terminals are really only certified to work with ATA Flash cards (firmware prior to 3.0 used Linear Flash cards only).

CompactFlash generally has the "ATA Standard" in common with full-size Flash memory cards.

I have seen adapters advertised to make SmartMedia compatible with ATA, but it sounds like you might have to plug SmartMedia into a CompactFlash adapter, which plugs into a Type II PCMCIA adapter.

There might also be an operating voltage conflict; I think SmartMedia comes in 3.3V and 5V versions.

Because the PanelView only has about 1MB of application memory, an 8 MB CompactFlash is all you need; you can buy those surplus for less than $5.

Let us know if you make the SmartMedia adapter work; I'm curious !