Viewing CSV data.

rory

Hi, most touch screens log data to a *.csv in some shape of form, does any one know of a decent graphing vb.net plug in or excel macro for viewing this data( Omron NS10. Obviously they can graph it in excel but customers find this a bit hard and 'CJ1M:D2000' leaves a bit to be desired as a column label. Last time I wrote a custom vb program to do this, it would tidy up the scaling... remove holes, graph it, re save it with a sensible name.. worked fine but 10 machines later they want pointers and alot more data displayed.....

I'm aware I could use a Scada.

Regards
Rory

Rory, If you wrote a VB program, you should have no problem in writing an Excel Macro to graph practically any CSV file. Excel has the advantage of being widely available on practically everyone's computer, easy to change, and has lots of help and support available for your customers.