RSLinx 2.42 installation issue

SuzanneMon

I am installing RSLinx 2.42 on a Windows XP SP2 computer. When it gets to the install wizard screen to enter the 10 digit serial number of the license I do not get a box to enter the serial number. I can complete the install but don't have a license. I have installed same program on other computers previously with same install media and it worked ok. I have tried 3 different media sources with same result. Stopped Windows Firewall service and also stopped ETrust virus services (didn't have to do this before). Only difference from previous install is that I have loaded all the most recent Windows Updates. Any suggestions?

There are issues with ver 2.42 and Windows XP SP2, its not offically supported. Upgrade if you can. See PDF below

Mickey said:
There are issues with ver 2.42 and Windows XP SP2, its not offically supported. Upgrade if you can. See PDF below
Thanks. I already tried 2.43 with same results. I might try download another pc and not do the Windows Updates. That is the only difference between this pc and the one I did 4 weeks ago.

Suzanne,

Make sure that RSLinx is NOT RUNNING before installing a new version. RSLinx can run in the background after a PLC program closes, and that has been known to cause many sorts of kinky problems.

Do not assume that it was not running.

Last edited: