ActiveX and PanelView Plus 1500

pfechner

Hi guys,

I have a project coming up which will involve embedding an ActiveX control i wrote in VB6 into the RSView SE package. This control will interact with MS SQL 2005.

I have never coded for a Windows CE device, and as the PV+ 1500 runs Windows CE v4 it is an unknown area for me.
Has anyone out there been involved in a similar project and if so, what should i watch out for?

thankyou in advance,

Paul
www.ICAutomation.com.au

I dont understand. What external code are you talking about? I have written activeX controls in the past which interact with SQL Server and have embedded them into RSView applications.

As far as CE communicating with SQL Server, i have read many documents confirming that it can and does it well.

I just want to speak to someone who has written activex controls for windows CE.

pfechner said:
I dont understand. What external code are you talking about? I have written activeX controls in the past which interact with SQL Server and have embedded them into RSView applications.

As far as CE communicating with SQL Server, i have read many documents confirming that it can and does it well.

I just want to speak to someone who has written activex controls for windows CE.

I think what Praveen is trying to say, in order to use third-party activeX controls, it must reside both on the development PC and the target machine ( in this case a PV+ ).
Since the PV+ uses CE, it is closed to third party ActiveX. You can only use what is included with the Rsview ME

You can't install CE-compiled ActiveX controls onto the ordinary 2711P series PanelView Plus terminals because you don't have access to the Windows CE desktop or other aspects of the OS.

Rockwell also has a version of the PV+ terminal that does allow access to the Windows CE desktop and the Windows CE OS components. These terminals are otherwise identical to the PV+ 700/1000/1250/1500 terminals, but had the name "VersaView CE", which has been changed to "PanelView Plus CE".

Wish I could be of more help, but I'm not an ActiveX programmer.