PanelView Upload over DH+

cntrlfrk

I am attempting to upload a PanelView 1000G via an ethernet gateway (1756-ENET/B) and a DataHighway module (1756-DHRIO/B) and I get an error: "Improper attempt to use a 1756-DHRIO module port-to-port pass-through path"

I can browse to it find in the PanelView software (PanelBuilder32--V3.81) fine, but continue to get the error.

I don't do the PV900's or PV1000's very often, is this even possible, or do I need to do a direct serial connection?

Thanks

I had the same problem some time ago.
Using the Clogix platform, I had a DH+/RIO card in the rack that I had to use, with a PCMCIA card and DH+ cable.
There was quite a bit of information on this subject, and some tech notes that I posted at the time.
I will try to find them....

Thank you much.

I had actually just modified my searches and found that same thread and several others.

I think this will get me there.

Thanks again

One last question.

When I download the routing table to the DHRIO card, will I lose DH communications? I have several other PV's on here and PLC's as well.

Just don't need any more stress today if I knock the plant down. ;)