Profibus read in

jimmy_r

I've got a challenge for all Siemens programmers out there!
I need to somehow read in from a Profibus network on a S7 to view all the participants. Unlike Interbus, profibus doesn't have an option to read in from a current setup.
Is there a special program to do this? With VB or C++, is there a way I can connect to the S7 and write my own program to read in a profibus network?

Thanks in advance,

Jim

What's the challange ?

You just want to get a list of all the DP-nodes that exist on your network? or detailed information of the vendors and ID's of the devices.

To do this from your PLC directly simply use SFC 13, this function call allows you to read out the diagnostic data of DP slaves.

You just need to write a kinda function around this SFC 13 to aim your target.

If you search long enough on the Siemens website you could find an example of such a function also.

Kind Regards/Westvloamse complimenten

Using the Step7 programming software, create a new project. No hardware configured. Open the hardware config and then hit the UPLOAD icon and when it asks what project, select the new on. Once it is uploaded, save it and hit the 3rd icon from the left "Online". You should be able to look at all of the modules. On line and off line.