Software for old Panelview

plchacker

Does anyone have a copy of Panelview software for an old panelview?

Cat# 2177-TC1 ser C

My local rep said that the software is no longer distributed but saw no reason that I could not use a copy from anywhere I could find it. The PanelView is in excellent condition, and is part of a trainer that has been sitting in my lab for several years (longer than I have been here.) I will soon be using the PLC 5/15 that is attached to it for a troubleshooting lab that I am building. If nothing else, I would like to use it as a HMI for the trouble shooting lab.

The lab will include both discrete and analog devices (input and output,) reversing and simple motor starters, at least one VFD, and several junction boxes in odd locations. I am trying to simulate a typical mill condition that will require good troubleshooting skills with shorted, open and dirty signals, along with several device failures. I may even throw in some operations troubles just to keep it fun.

My boss wasn't to fond of the train set idea. But hey, it was worth a shot.

You'll need PanelBuilder for DOS, part number 2711-ND1. That will support PanelView 1200 Classic terminals from firmware versions 1 through 5.

I have provided PanelBuilder tools to customers in the past in exchange for having a look at their existing Classic terminal applications for migration to PanelView Plus terminals.

If your local A-B office can't provide a similar deal, drop me a line via PM and I'll get you set up.