Prosoft MV156 GSC

PaulF

I have got a ASCII device communicating with CLX, by using the Prosoft Module MV 156 GSV, the data from the device is stored in the CLX as a SINT[200] file, with using a new word for each character, I cannot figure out how to store the whole string data in a STRING data type.

Any help would be appreciated

PaulF

With the string type data on clx5 the data length is limited to 82 Characters, so a copy instruction like this COP Sint[0] ASCIIString.Data[0] length 82 and a MOV 82 ASCIIString.Len will get the first 82 characters in to a string, now if there is more data in your Sint array further copy and move instructions. Now if you want to just extract part of the Sint array just start the COP instruction from Sint number required.

Hooey

Thanks Hooey,

I was trying to make things more complicated than they were, I used the COP, MID and STOR instructions.
icon7.gif