Counter with debounc

ivohra

Hi,

I have a simple application for a Allen Bradley 1500 microcontroller is used to count input signals. There could be over a hundered of these. This is for a basic turnstile system to count the numbers through each turnstile.

Does anyone have any examples or ideas of how I could have a debounce for each input.

Many thanks for this.

ivohra said:
Hi,

I have a simple application for a Allen Bradley 1500 microcontroller is used to count input signals. There could be over a hundered of these. This is for a basic turnstile system to count the numbers through each turnstile.

Does anyone have any examples or ideas of how I could have a debounce for each input.

Many thanks for this.

What exactly do you want to debounce? The count itself or how often it can occur ? I think you need to explain yourself a little bit better to get an accurate answer.

Here is the debounce logic I typically use. This logic debounces the input in both directions (rising edge & falling edge).

Debounce.png

-Trevor

The input gets a signal from the turnstile actuator. This is a human turnstile so a maximum of one actuation every 0.5sec is all that should happen. However, because of the way the hardware is, we get multiple signals coming through every time the turnstile gets actuated.

Thanks a lot, both these worked and is just what I was looking for. Guess it is quite simple at the end of the day.

-ivohra