Gx Developer File Imports

faehigkeit1

Hello,
I have just recieved the GX developer software for Mitsubishi plcs at the new plant where I work. I just installed this software on our new laptop and need to transfer the old files(on the old laptop)to our new laptop.
We have several types of Mitsubishi plcs ex. melsec f1-20,
melsec fx-32mr, melsec a1 scpc24-r2.
Import options on GX developer:
GPPQ format
GPPA format
FXGP(win) format
FXGP(dos) format

All the old files are saved under Medoc software. The files (4 for each project) have these extensions:
.HDR
.NAM
.PRG
.PRT
Any advice on how to handle these files appreciated.
Thanks
Dean

Hi Dean, I believe most of these Medoc files can be quickly imported although the more experienced Mitsubishi guys might correct me.

When you load up the GX Developer software, during installation you will be asked\prompted to you want to also install Medoc melsec format to GX developer import file software. You need to click this box. In GX Developer when you go to import, you will be given a drop down menu to import Medoc Files to GX Dev. You will then neeed to select the .PRG File. Try this and see how it goes? All the best Rpax

RPax is correct, you have to select the option to import medoc files while installing GXdev.
Unfortunately, once gx is installed there is no option to install the medoc conversion. You have to reinstall the whole package again.

Also - GX will not program F1 or F2 plc's. You will need medoc and your old cables

GPPQ format
GPPA format
FXGP(win) format
FXGP(dos) format

Underneath these there should be another 2 options.

Import from medoc melsec format file (printout)
Import from medoc melsec format file. CHOOSE THIS OPTION

If these options are Greyed out then it is because you have not created a file yet. Create new file and try importing again. Do not worry which PLC type you choose GX will tell you jusy OK the change when prompted. When you look at the files the ones that are importable will appear as a blue icons.