Reset a TOF ?

Garyuk

Novice question about ending a TOF on an Allen Bradley SLC early. By that I mean I have an off delay timer counting up and I want to use an input to force it to timeout and change state before reaching the preset value. Is this possible and what is the preferred method of achieving this?
Thanks.

Simply move the preset to the accumulator when the time-out input is high:

TOF_Forced.gif

Kind regards,

There is this warning for using RES with a TOF:
"Warning! Do not use the RES instruction to reset a TOF instruction. A RES always clears the status bits and the accumulated value. This could result in unpredictable machine operation or injury to personnel."
A bit cryptic as to what the problem really is.
I would experiment with it to find the truth.

Similar Topics

Hi need help why this “failure 5 emergency stop “ appears at every startup in the morning ? Have to shut off main switch at least 10 times on...
Replies
Views
I was loading a program onto an XE1e2 PLC and it got stuck on these two windows and won't progress. It won't let me connect from the PC to reload...
Replies
Views
Hi all, i have recieved some 4RF Aprisa SR+ ethernet radios from a customer to configure. Issue is that they are used and have non-default...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, I have a 1769-L24-QBFCB1 that has the OK light flashing on the embedded counter module. The manual states it is a resettable fault, but...
Replies
Views
We are using RED LION HMI Since las 15 years. To day we have found that My log file has data up to 22 Mar 2024 1:16. Then After new Log File is...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom