Install Vista doesn't work

userxyz

I know, not really a question for this forum, sorry for that.

I try to install vista but I get the following message:

1csds.JPG

I tried to install on 2 PC's, both gave me the same message...

Anyone knows about this problem ?

It's WIndows Vista Ultimate

Just a guess

Are you upgrading while runnning an existing Windows version? If so, could you boot from the optical disk? I take it PE = Preinstallation Environment, that what you typically see after you boot from the CD to install the OS.

I'd try to boot from CD/DVD.

And I hope you are not expecting to run any siemens software on that PC......as it will not happen...

Jeebs

:)

Not for siemens software, i know. btw, siemens on a XP 64bit doesn't work either.

Booting from DVD doesn't work, it boots, but, no hard disks installed we get ??????

It's a Sony Vaio

Jeebs said:
I'd try to boot from CD/DVD.

And I hope you are not expecting to run any siemens software on that PC......as it will not happen...

Jeebs

Combo said:
Booting from DVD doesn't work, it boots, but, no hard disks installed we get ??????

Sounds like your Sony may have a SATA hard drive that may require an external driver. This used to be the "press F6 to install a 3rd party driver" message during the initial part of the setup process but with Vista this may be different. If so, download the driver from the Sony web site and put it on a CD/USB drive so that the setup can access it.