RS NetWorx for Devicenet

Paulus

Hello All,
Just downloaded the RS NetWorx for Devicenet 4.21 + the Prerequisite software from the Rockwell download site.
Every time I attempt to run the prerequisite software, the installation fails.

The message I get is ...
"Error 1334.The file 'RNADiagnosticsDH.dll.D6B1B799_68F4_4DFF_80FD_E731D87C2A2B' cannot be installed because the file cannot be found in cabinet file 'Data1.cab'. This could indicate a network error, an error reading from the CD-ROM, or a problem with this package."

Am I missing something?

I'm installing to Win 2000 SP4.

Any ideas?

Last edited:
Sounds like you're missing one of the necessary files, just like it says.

The current release of RSNetworx for DeviceNet is version 8.0; where did you download such an out-of-date copy ?

I think that particular RSI download site is essentially unsupported and many of the versions on it are several years old.

The main supported Rockwell Software download site is support.rockwellautomation.com. You're going to need a support authorization number.

RSNetworx version 8 has a lot of improvements over version 4, not the least of which is rollup of that "Prerequisite software" and the super-neat Tag Generator Utility. I strongly recommend it.