OT: Cryogenic fluid pumping, expert needed

Ken Moore

Lifetime Supporting Member
Not a controls question, but this board has such a huge mixture of skills, hopefully someone can assist.

We have an existing cryogenic ethylene pumping system that we are having difficulties with, and are looking to bring in some outside expertise. Does anyone know of a firm or person specializing in this field? If so, can you provide contact information. I suspect experience in any cryogenic application would suffice, not just ethylene, I would guess anyone familiar with cryogenic nitrogen experience would be able to help out as well.

We're also looking for flammable gas compression consultants.

Thanks.

Ken,

You might try the Eng-Tips forum, I searched on their site for "Cryogenic fluid pumping" and came up with quite a few hits.

You could also post there and will probably get more responses than on PLCS.net as they have a lot of traffic on some topics.

Mike

I work around Cyrogenic Air Seperation Plants. I'm into PLCs & Process Analysers, not a pump expert - however I know a few engineers here who may be able to help. I've programmed some PLC controls for cryo pumps - is it a control/logic issue or a mechanical issue. What sort of problems are you having.