Micrologix 1500 Error

Big John T

I have a Micrologix 1500 LSP Series C that I use here in the shop for testing equipment. Today when I created a program and put it into run mode I get the following fault.

"The base minimum series selected in the user program configuration was greater than the series on the actual base."

Anyone have a clue what this means?

Thanks
John

You need to apply the processor to your application.
This is found in controller properties, ONLY when you set up your new application.

In RSLogix 500, go to the I/O Configuration window, click the "Adv. Config" button and select a Series A base. The default is Series B.

I run into this all the time when I use my very old MicroLogix 1500 demo box. Easy to fix.

Ken, is this a result of me upgrading from series A to C?

BTW, I got it to work by selecting a series A and letting it change it to C when I tried to D/L...

Thanks Again!
John

Ken,

I got caught again by the same problem... my how much you forget over the years. A quick google and this post came up. One minute later I'm up and running on the very same 1500.

Thanks Again
John

Dear colleagues ,
I also got the message "The base minimum series selected in the user program configuration was greater than the series on the actual base." when trying to download a project to a different controller than that one setup on the project , lets say from a micrologix 1000 to a 1500.

To macedoethomas

The discussion on the thread was of downloading to different revision versions of the same type controller.

Your question would be concerning changing the controller type. To do this, once the old program is loaded go to 'Controller Properties'. In 'Processor Type' select the new type processor. The system may ask about re-sizing tables. There may be other changes which have to be made - for example - moving I/O points around because of differen amounts of base I/O. Once these are corrected you should be able to download the project to the new type processor.