Just For Fun

Johnskii

I have been visiting this site not registered and registered for approximately two years now. It is a great site and tool for us
"Control" people. I have seen alot of problems been expertly answered time and time again.
I would like to start a thread about really unbelievable "stuff" that happens to us field guys. Work is work but sometimes you wonder what the h*** is going on with management.
Everyone has one or two or three stories that should amuse our fellow "Control" people. Business related of course.
I would like to put my submission in which I think is a
classic.
We were working in South Korea and our per diem expense money was two weeks late. Our "Top Gun" salesman was coming to visit us and bringing us money. The salesman showed up with checks drawn on American banks. He happily handed them out to everyone. Almost simoustaneously ( spelled right I think ) everyone said what the heck are we going to do with checks drawn on an American bank in Korea?
I look at my best buddy and he looked at me and we saw the light bulbs above each others heads. My best friend ( master electrician) is a retired Army electricain with a military ID. We were already on an American Air Force Base several times because he signed us in. In our travels we saw American ATM and an American Bank on base.
The next day we went on base explained our situation to the base American bank manager. The checks were cashed no problem with ID.
The following day the salesman came in our office like a raging madman. How the hell did you guys get those checks cashed? I want all the cash back. Stupid is as stupid does.....

So had they sent the salesman with the American checks because they thought you wouldn't be able to cash those checks.

That just sucks!

Who the HxxL do they think they are trying to outsmart? And when they get beat at their childish game they want the money back? Do they really believe people work just for the entertainment? Do they think we have no bills? And these are the same AxxHxxxS that complain about high medical costs.

My boss complains that when he does a business trip or buys on his personal credit card it takes months to get reimbursed. I told him to not send me unless company could up front the travel expense. I am not their bank.

Dan Bentler

I could write a novel and have alot more. I am from the old school if you work hard and get the job done the rewards should follow. But even the old school owners and managers are getting stupid. Ignorantly ( I hope that is a word ) their salaries are growing every year and I hear them complaining they are not making enough...