Inverters catch fire

I don't understand that mentality at all. Whether one likes their employer or not, vandalzing the machines that put food on your table is about as dumb as it gets. Some people really do not belong in society. Unfortunately, he didn't electrozap himself, so now the taxpayers are stuck with this doofus.

He only said they were putting up a camera to see if someone was sabotaging equipment.
I think I would do the same - something goofy is going on here.
I did not see any confirmation that they SAW someone sabotaging equipment.
It could be some goofy thing someone is doing that is damaging equipment and they have no clue they are doing it.

I did not see confirmation either but the statement "all the damage was external" and the fact that it stayed within the enclosure implies that sabotage was involved. They installed the camers to catch who was doing it. I assume because of other issues if/when they do catch someone they would refrain from saying so on an open forum.

...we have resolved the flaming VFD issue... The security tape will be used as evidence to procecute the operator of the machine.

I take that to mean that they found that the machine operator was setting the fires.