Something Related to Career

capriconian20

Today my question is not related to any PLC or Scada or DCS etc. It is some thing related to the career. The following questions arises oftenly in mind:

1) Is it advisable to switch the job after every 4-5 years even if there is growth in the career.

2) While switching the job, one should care for the size of the company other than package or not?

3) Which path should be followed to grow in the field of automation and Controls?

Let me explain with an example of my friend, He started his career as a service engineer with system integrator. Later On, he was promoted as project engineer. Now, he is at the end of his fourth year. He was planning for switching to another firm.
What he should do in this case although there is growth in the same firm.

Thanks

It all depends on what other ties you have. Family, Friends, etc and whether or not you like your current job and they provide enough for you to comfortably support your family.

If you have a good job, close to home, that you like, there is no reason to get a new one ever 5 years.

If you want a job, change it any time you can get better then you have.

IF you want a career then look at what your employer offers..IN THE LONG RUN..then look at what the world offers..

I have no idea why someone would put a time on a career position.