S7 Bit Memory Manipulation

johno_57

I am seeking advice on moving/loading Memory Bit status, (8 bits or 1byte)into Data Words in a Data Block. IE I want the 16 bits of the data word(or 2 bytes of the data) each to hold the 8 bits from two Memory Bit bytes(?)The 8 bits per byte will hold valve status. Bit 1= opn, bit 2= closd, bit 3=FTO, etc
OR maybe there is a better way of moving 8 bits of contiguous boolean data into a DW in a DB. Any assistance will be welcome!

The above is an example of moving 1 byte, is that what you mean? or do you want to know how to do a block transfer?

16 bits would be as follows:

L MWx
T DBx.DBWx

If the x in MWx = 2, then it would be MB2 and MB3, with 2 as the HSB and 3 the LSB.

The DBW would be the same.

If you are looking for block transfers then that is a totally different solution.

Thanx PeterW,
I think you have nailed it.
Morphius'example is for 1 byte transfer (Tried that earlier at work)
I will use your repy tomorrow when I get back to the desk.
No, I am not after block transfers.
Thanx again
johno

Why not use the bits in the DB instead of using the marker bits - then you wouldn't need to transfer them ?