GE90 Help.

yam785

Lifetime Supporting Member
Why ae we getting un-equal errors. It faults when we try to go to run mode. Any help would be greatly appreciated. My on-site engineer is beating me to death.

Steve Bailey is the resident GE expert, he will probably post on this topic when he reads it.

A couple of things to keep in mind though, unequal, means the plc logic is not equal to the logic in the laptop your downloading from. Have you made any changes to the plc logic while you were online with it, but not in run mode? changed a contact? forced an output? etc. That's usually what happens to me when I get an unequal error.

Last edited:
As PLC Padawan pointed out, unequal indicates a difference between the program or configuration in the PLC and the file on you computer. There are two ways to get to an "Equal" state. You can upload from the PLC to your computer or download from the computer to the PLC.

Before you decide which route to take to achieve equality, figure out what fault is keeping the PLC from running. You don't have to be equal to be able to view the fault tables. To view the fault tables, click the "Target" menu and then click "Diagnostics". There are two tables available, one for problems with the CPU (PLC Fault Table), the other for problems with the I/O modules (I/O Fault Table). The entries will help steer you in the right direction.

plc_padawan said:
Steve Bailey is the resident GE expert, he will probably post on this topic when he reads it.

A couple of things to keep in mind though, unequal, means the plc logic is not equal to the logic in the laptop your downloading from. Have you made any changes to the plc logic while you were online with it, but not in run mode? changed a contact? forced an output? etc. That's usually what happens to me when I get an unequal error.

The stated problem gives very little detail, but, in the PAC product line, you can get an unequal condition if you have two different versions of programming software on two different laptops. (5.0 vs. 5.6, for example). Worse yet, if you get online with the later version, the earlier version will not be able to get online. Minor problem..NOT

I apologize for my brief description of the problem.

I really appreciate the reponses, and am sure they will be very helpful. I wish I could've given more information, but I only had a brief amount of time, to talk on the phone, with the engineer who is working the project. We are meeting tonight, to try to resolve the issue. I'm sure your help will resolve the issue.

Thanks again

I'm not sure what the time difference is between you and your on-site engineer, but if you can be in contact at an earlier hour than last night, there is a good chance that I'll be online and in a position to help out.

Check your private messages.

Last edited: