Reset one, set another every 24 hours

apetkov5

Greetings!

I am doing project in siemens simatic s7 with cpu 314.

I have two motors for 24/7/365 operations... i am thinking to make that every 24 hours one motor is turned off and second motor is turned on....

Can you, please, give me an advice how to EFFICATLY do this.

Maybe i can use some kind of time od day interrupts? or some other interrupts? I must say that i have low experience, so please be gentle with me :)

Thank you very much.

From the STEP7-helpfiles:

Time-of-Day Interrupt Organization Blocks (OB10 to OB17)

The S7 CPUs provide the Time-Of-Day interrupt OBs that can be executed at a specified date or at certain intervals.

Time-Of-Day interrupts can be triggered as follows:

• Once at a particular time (specified in absolute form with the date)
  • Periodically by specifying the start time and the interval at which the interrupt should be repeated (for example, every minute, every hour, daily).

You can use the time of day interrupts as previously posted, or you could do it using the time of day available in OB1's local data area and some processing logic. I've copied the time of day to MB0 through MB7 so the time of day is available to all FC's and FB's should it be required.

motortog001.JPG