Red Lion G310

mjoubert

How do I read a value from a drive register, where the register in the drive is an ASCII string and the Hex address of the register is 0x5f59?

If I try to read the value directly using "string text" I get the massage "expression must be a string"

Please Help !!!

You need to be a little more specific about the device you're communicating with. Is there a driver in Crimson for it?

As stated above you really need to give us more information on the drive and how you are communicating with it ?

Like kolyur said, you will need to be more specific. If you are asking how to view a register with a value of 0x5F59 as _Y on the G3, you can map a string tag to your register and choose Encoding of High to Low and a length of 2. If you want it to display Y_ then use Low to High encoding.

Regards,
Dan

I'm using CANOpen protocol as SDO master communicating to a Lenze 9400 Servo Drive. The drive manual says the hex value of Lenze code C00166 is 0x5f59 and that it is of the type "Visible String"... not unsigned32, integer, or bitfield.

I hope that helps?

Did my reply yesterday answer the question? That sounds like what you will want to do, but you may need to get clarification from Lenze on the subject.

Regards,
Dan