Siemens MicroMaster 440 Control Through S7315 PLC

henno2000

Hi,

I am wanting to control a set of (4) micromaster 440 drives depending upon various events etc.

The control of the motors are to be either:

Auto
Panel Manual
Local Manual

(The manual parameters shall be identical)

I have read the example project as shown: http://support.automation.siemens.c...iew/en/22318171

If I have read correctly, I can link my logic to verious addresses as detailed in the DB to control the motors.

What I am wanting is to know how to create two sets of parameters; one for Auto operation, and one for Manual operation.

Also, with the fact that there are four seperate drives, I assume that four blocks will have to be created.

FYI, the setup is that the MM440 are connected to a S7 315PN/DP on profibus without DriveES and without Starter.

If you would like anymore information, please let me know.

Many thanks in advance,
henno2000

Hi henno.

I am on a project right now with a 315-2PN/DP and 3 MM440 drives on Profibus.
I have a standard poject with several drives based on the example project.

Yes, you have to make several DBs, two for each drive.
One is an instance DB that is generated automatically when you add the FB from the sample project (you have to specify a DB number and confirm when asked to automatically generate it).
The other is a shared DB (with the parameters). This one you have to copy manually.
The sweet thing is that you really do not need DriveES or STARTER.

When you say "manual", what is it that is different from manual and auto. Which parameters have to be different ?

Anyway here is a tip that may save you some grief:
There is a function to set and read parameters from the drive.
Be sure to use write to the drive as the first.
There are two parameters (# 700 and 1000) that specify that control is from profibus and not the terminal strip. And these two parameters are not in the HMI screen in the sample project (unless they have added them later). So if the have been set to "0" which is the default value, you cannot set them to "6" which they must be for Profibus.

By the way, the sample project only had german texts. Have they added english as well now ?

Thanks for the info.

For 'manual' mode (which will be determined by a selector switch) the only parameters will be the final running speed of the motor. For these modes, would I have to call 4 DBs? (2 instance DBs and 2 shared DBs?) Or is there a simpler way to do this?

Could you please explain how to start/stop the drive? (IE - when all my conditions are made, what output do I enable to start the drive?)

English text has been added to the project now.

No use the same basic control to control each drive, only 1 instance DB (control) and 1 shared DB (parameters).
Then on a higher level in your program you use ..control.I_freigabe to start/stop and ..control.I_sollwert to set the speed.
(dont know if these variables have been given english names later).

You must add separate logic to control the various modes, but in the end it is ..control.I_freigabe and ..control.I_sollwert that you use to control the drive.

Thanks, could you tell me where to locate these controls? (control.I_freigabe and ..control.I_sollwert) In the sample project, I cannot find a block called control. (Perhaps they have altered the structure slightly?)

In my project there are 2 DBs per drive .._MM_Control and .._MM_Param.
There is also a DB called Bildverwaltung.

If the code is still german, then look for .I_freigabe and .I_sollwert.

I shall have to see if I can find the latest sample project.

JesperMP said:
In my project there are 2 DBs per drive .._MM_Control and .._MM_Param.
There is also a DB called Bildverwaltung.

If the code is still german, then look for .I_freigabe and .I_sollwert.

I shall have to see if I can find the latest sample project.

Thanks, in the sample project that I have there is a DB called Bildverwaltung

I have attached screen dumps of the project screen and also what is displayed in the Bildverwaltung DB

Last edited:
You have probably used the sample project found at support entry ID 22318171.
Here the two variables are called .I_enable and .I_setpoint.
Use .O_right and/or .O_left to see if the drive is running.

DB44 is the instance DB for control.
DB54 is the shared DB with the parameters.
It is these 2 you have to copy for each drive.

Last edited:
Thanks, so I assume I would move values to DB44.DBX2.0 to enable the drive, then send a value to DB44.DBW4 for the setpoint? Then make adjustments to the parameters as desired?

Hi, I am also wanting to proportionally control the motors depending on the pressure. I have created the logic for the setpoints to activate particular pumps, but I am wanting now to control the pumps so that as the pressure increases, the pump(s) slow down. (Also, I am wanting to activate another pump when the previous one is running at more than 75% speed).

Could someone give me any tips on how to consturct the logic to control the drives?

Regards,
henno2000

u can make the pid control loop in your project , FB41 for example and make the output value to an analogue output and make this output the setpoint for the drive ( you have to configure parameter 1000 for analogue output).

Also u can set the loop on the micromaster without using the plc (the micromaster 440 has a built in pi controller).

this something i did before

L "ai".Reading[7]
T "piddata".pv[1]
CALL "CONT_C" , DB10
COM_RST :=
MAN_ON :="piddata".mode[1]
PVPER_ON:=
P_SEL :=
I_SEL :=
INT_HOLD:=
I_ITL_ON:=
D_SEL :=
CYCLE :=
SP_INT :="piddata".setpoint[1]
PV_IN :="piddata".pv[1]
PV_PER :=
MAN :="piddata".moutput[1]
GAIN :="piddata".gain[1]
TI :="piddata".ti[1]
TD :="piddata".td[1]
TM_LAG :=
DEADB_W :=
LMN_HLM :=
LMN_LLM :=
PV_FAC :=
PV_OFF :=
LMN_FAC :=
LMN_OFF :=
I_ITLVAL:=
DISV :=
LMN :="piddata".blk_output[1]
LMN_PER :=
QLMN_HLM:=
QLMN_LLM:=
LMN_P :=
LMN_I :=
LMN_D :=
PV :=
ER :=

piddata".blk_output has the percent of the output you can scale it and transfer it to the analogue output