Cimplicity invalid update criteria for a DDE non diagnostic point

bradal

I keep getting a "cimplicity invalid update criteria for a DDE non diagnostic point" when I create or change a tag. This is an existing installation and I am adding some programming.

The existing project is up and running on the computer and cimplicity accepts tags that are updated on change. When I add changes here in our office to the project, it comes up with that error unless I choose "unsolicited on change". I have both cimplicity versions at the same SP level.

What might cause this??

ValleyDDE.JPG

I found this on another forum -

The DDE Client interface creates a Hot Link to the DDE Server. Non-diagnostic device points should be configured with an update criteria of Unsolicited or Unsolicited OnChange or the points will be found to be invalid.

I found the same article, and that is why I changed the upddate to unsolicited on change, and it accepted it.

What I don't get is that the existing system has all of its tags set to on change, not unsolicited, and I can modify those tags and apply them ( just to make sure it will accept "on change") and it has no problem.

It's weird.

I can't find what "Non-diagnostic device points" are or where they're configured. It seems to imply that your other tags may not be such tags. If you're gutsy you might try removing one and re-adding it. BTW, for others, the post is here.