Wonderware AB1784KT and XP

johnmhembree

Hey everyone,

I have been able to get our old version WonderWare InTouch version 7.1 to function on Windows XP. I am now in the process of upgrading the hardware and we purchased PKTX cards for the new PC's. I have downloaded the AB1784KT I/O driver (ver 7.5.0.4) which supports the PKTX card, however neither the InTouch application nor MS Excel see this application when it is running. Have any of you ever encountered an issue similar to this?

Thanks in advance.

John

Yes, I have seen this before. I ended up not using the ABKT I/O server. I used the DASDHPlus I/O Server and it worked first time. It is a free download from the Wonderware Website or on the I/O Server CD. Trust me, this is the way to go.

Also, check the Wonderware website for the XP Wonderware versions. I thought it was WW 7.11 with a SP6 patch or something like that for Win XP. That is just from memory but I would verify that on the Wonderware Web site. They have a compatibility version screen.

Good Luck.. Ditch the ABKT I/O Server