RSView

JOLTRON

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello all,

What is the difference between the Panelview32 and Panelview studio software. I have a .apa file but I am having issues trying to open the file. Wondering if I need different software. I have worked mainly with Siemens softare for the past 3 years and the AB is new to me.

Thanks,
-Joel

I'm not 100% sure, but I think that Panelview 32 is for the older panelviews and RSView Studio is for the Panelview Plus series (the ones that run some version of RSView SE/ME/whatever). I'd appreciate verification.

View 32/View ME

View 32 is an older PC based HMI while View Studio Machine Edition is what is needed for PanelView Plus. If I am not mistaken the extension is for the archive file for a Panelview Plus. This is important because the archive file is what is needed for later modifications. The PV+ itself only needs a runtime file, but this runtime file is not able to be modified later down the road.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Ken

tradename scrambler

RSView32 is a PC-based HMI program. It doesn't have anything to do with PanelView terminals of any type.

"PanelView" is a family of Allen-Bradley operator interfaces. The name has been used for decades to describe various products that we now call Classic, Enhanced, Standard, and Plus.

PanelBuilder32 is the editing environment for PanelView Standard terminals.

RSView Studio Machine Edition is the editing environment for RSView Machine Edition HMI applications. These can run on Windows XP computers and on two types of Windows CE-based computers called PanelView Plus and PanelView Plus CE.

The *.APA file is the Archive file of an RSView Machine Edition project. You need the RSView Studio software to open and edit it.

RSView Studio has been through a few iterations since its release, bearing versions 3.0, 3.1, 3.2 and 4.0. The best thing is to get the current 4.0 release and it will work with projects created by any of the previous releases.

Thanks for the info guys. I will be needing RSView Studio then. I'm used to WinCC Flexible. Are they similar or will it be like a completely different world.

Thanks,

To make things even more confusing, Rockwell has recently taken to calling RSView Studio "FactoryTalk View Studio".

Just something to look out for when you're browsing the online catalog.