Simatic Manager - MMC

jeilers

Hi everybody,

On my company a lot of people are working with laptops which have a MMC-card reader integrated. I noticed that when i inserted a Siemens MMC card, it became visible in the Windows file-system, but when i wanted to open it from the Simatic Manager this wasnt possible. The usual option (File->S7 Memory Card->Open) was greyed out. This isnt a problem when you are using a Siemens Field PG.

Does anyone know if this problem can be solved at all? I know that the cardreaders are hardware-compatible so i suspect it is only a driver-issue.

Thanks, Jos

If you are lucky, you didnt trash the MMC card when you inserted it in the standard PC card reader.
Whatever you do, do not write to it or format it in a regular card reader.
Remove it from the PC.

You need a Siemens MMC card prommer. To write to the card.
I dont have a MMC prommer as it is not critically needed.
You need it to install new firmware in the CPUs, or if you have to send a MMC card somewhere by mail.

One should ask Siemens why they chose a format that looks like a Multimedia Card, and is spelled "MMC" (for Micro Memory Card) when it is actually something different.