Pro-Face LS system Area

Marshy

Hi,

I need to do a mod to a pro-face project I didn't create, the GP is a handheld/touchscreen model - GP2400.

I got side tracked on to how the programmer changes screen. For some reason he/she attached a T-tag to a button when pressed, this set an LS2301 momentary, this in turn triggered a W-Tag which wrote a 3 in in LS0008.

It took a while to find out about LS0008 I'm only assuming that a value written to this area changes the screen? The manual I have talks about the system area (LS0000 - LS0020) but doesn't give me any details on it. Can anyone help me with this?

Does anyone have any ideas on why the programmer has opted to change screens this way instead of a function tag?

Thanks in advance

In the system setup of the proface panel the ls numbers are connected to a memory area in the plc. When you change the value of the eigth integer in the plc the display changed to this screen number if exist.