How To Design Microcontroller

magdyfayad

I am intersted in PLC , and i want to design a small microcontroller with its small I/O board , what are the tools ?? and what are the programming languaged needed to program the microcontroller and what are the programming languaged needed to making the software on PC ??

please , if there are manuals or books on the interenet or any bervious expiernce for this project , please link it to me

thanks

This is a difficult question. You will get information on the Internet if you search for a Microcontroller called the PIC. It's made by Microchip. On this forum, you get a debate on PC verses PLC. On Google, search for 'PIC PLC -pace' to get debates on PIC verses PLC. I found one link that might help. It's several questions and answers in an email format. It's a little hard to read because of the duplicates, but has good information.

nettogrisen said:
I want to make a spacerocket, any ideas?
Paul Allen of Microsoft has done this. See this article
for more info.

more thanks for your answer keithkyll !!

i do not want to talk about any another answer !!

i know it is difficult project , but i want to learn and learn untill i arrive

so , my question is about what is the basic programming languages for this difficult project is C only or must be added C++ and so on ...

thanks agian keithkyll

Last edited:

Thanks rsdoran​

I am an electronic engineer, but I did not work in electronics, as I have worked only in automatic control branch .​

I am good user and programmer for PLC for many companies .​

As you know there are many types of small PLC such as​

LOGO from siemens​

PICO from Allen –Bradley , etc …​

These instructions are simple and easy and this unit is cheap , so I want to learn how to make a small microcontroller with these simple instructions​

Thanks again​

magdyfayad said:
...what is the basic programming languages for this difficult project is C only...
C from Microchip. BASIC from MeLabs.
A good place to start is with the BASIC Stamp from Parallax (as Ron suggested). I fear we are getting off-topic, but wait, that is the topic! Maybe Off-Forum?
PM me if you want.

Last edited:
i will try and i will start

thanks keithkyll

but for any additional informations or papers or pervious expiernce , please link it to me

there are many microcontrollers out there, PIC is just one of them. PIC has gained a lot of followers among people who do that as a hobby. in fact one of the popular projects is building one or another version of PIC programmer since ASM software is free. there is usually more than one language just about any chip you may find. quality and power of tools vary greatly among manufacturers so you need to do you own research. i suggest buying development kit, something that comes with software you can try. (see www.mouser.com for example).

I'm not sure but I think you want to make your own microcontroller-based board for PLC type control functions. If so, I recommend Atmel microcontrollers programmed with C. Creating a board with serial communications to a PC and some general-purpose IO is relatively easy and great fun - I've done this before for a high speed mobile robot with good results when anything other than a custom board would be too heavy and slow.

magdyfayad said:

Thanks rsdoran​

I am an electronic engineer, but I did not work in electronics, as I have worked only in automatic control branch .​

I am good user and programmer for PLC for many companies .​

As you know there are many types of small PLC such as​

LOGO from siemens​

PICO from Allen –Bradley , etc …​

These instructions are simple and easy and this unit is cheap , so I want to learn how to make a small microcontroller with these simple instructions​
Thanks again​

Personally have my doubts that you can work with plcs, definetly doubt your ability to make a plc or anything close.

Yes I know there are many smart relays; which are not plcs but try to act like they are. As I said I doubt your abilities especially since you do not know the difference.

When I had to test people for maintenance jobs I would ask for a start/stop ckt be drawn, have my doubts you could do that.