Lime Kiln

AMAZINGAHMED

Hi everybody,
My company is studying a new project to rehabilitate a lime kiln. The lime kiln is used to produce milk of lime. So i'm having a difficult time selecting the appropriate instruments because the workers at the factory has littlt information to give (or they are not willing to help). So can anyone help me?

explain

dear sir u have to explain ur process and if u need plc system for ur appliction pls tel about no of ios digital and analog and measurement of (approximatle)area at which ur plant exist then i can help u little bit

i don't need plc help (it's my game:cool: ). I just need help in selection of instrumentation.
My application is a vertical lime kiln where lime stones is heated at about 1000C to produce calcium oxide and carbon dioxide. The calcium oxide is reacted with water to produce calcium hydroxide (milk of lime).
I need to select some instrumentation to measure some values like pressure, suction (what is that?:mad: ), gas quality and temperature.
Had anyone passed through a similar project?
Please help.

ok but

i am working in and dealing a project of cement plant. for gass analyser we use abb uras and magnoss that r for o2 and co and we find it very useful and user frindly u can chose same company with ful service support or u also can errect and commission if u never do it before and for pressure we prefor siemens hart series devices for temperature yamatke shell scaner and other pyrometers and thermocouples and rtds we r useing these things and they r working proper thats my thinking so now as u like thanks for discussion

farrei said:
i am working in and dealing a project of cement plant.
can you help me with the pressure ranges you're using?
I have documents which contains (vague) instruments list (e.g. transmitter 0-100 mm CE, where i found that 100 mm CE = 0.0098 bar) Is that logical that a hot kiln will have such small pressure?
i don't feel comfortable with their list of instrumentation.

AMAZINGAHMED said:
can you help me with the pressure ranges you're using?
I have documents which contains (vague) instruments list (e.g. transmitter 0-100 mm CE, where i found that 100 mm CE = 0.0098 bar) Is that logical that a hot kiln will have such small pressure?
i don't feel comfortable with their list of instrumentation.

I work in a ceramic factory where we have 3 high-temp kilns. Our pressure transmitters have a range of +/- 2.5 mmH2O. We also use Yokogowa temperature controllers to monitor/control burner output.

As for suction (?) I'm not sure, perhaps a velocity measurement on the exhaust pipes?