RS LINX Lite - 3 versions

paul56

Hi,
There are three versions of RSLINX Lite Software 9355WAB100ENE for Allen Bradley Micrologix 1000, listed on the Rockwell site:
2.43.01 general release, 2.50.00 general release and 2.51.00 web release. The contents are zipped but different.
There is also a 9324RL0050ENE RS LOGIX 500 Starter software download available.
1. Which of these has/have to be be downloaded to get a demo version going?
2.Will the demo permit upload from Micrologix 1000 to PC?
3. Are there any equivalent software available from other manufacturers, for trial purposes with upload feature.

Hi,
The RS LINXLITE 500 Software 9355WAB100ENE Ver 2.51 is aboout 376MB and takes ages to download from the Rockwell site, unlike larger downloads from other sites which are much faster. Further, invariably the downloaded file has some error and fails to open. Can any other version be used.
Can LogixPro be used for upload / download from applications written with RS software for Micrologix 1000?

Any of those versions of RSLinx will permit you to connect to the MicroLogix 1000. It's just the "pipe" that the info passes through between the PLC and RSLogix.

No, LogixPro will not communicate with MicroLogix.

The free version of the RSLogix will work only with one specific version of the MicroLogix 1000 processor. If you don't have that specific version (search around here -- it's been widely discussed), it won't work. You'll need to contact your RS rep for a licensed version of RSLogix 500.