Omron smartstep through a slip ring

SimonDESCAMPS

Hi there,

I have build an application in which a smartstep servomotor is embedded on a rotating unit. The signals and power pass through a slip ring (with separate circuits, one for the encoder and one for the power).

It works, but the torque of the motor seems to increase slowly, reaching the max value after approx. 300 cycles. I have monitored it with CX-drive, but I have no idea of what's happening.

Have you ever tried such applications ?

Hi,

with the help of an Omron engineer, I've found that the motor was in constant overload, bringing it to warn after approx. 300 cycles. We have upgraded it and it seems to be OK.

However, i still have a repeatability problem. The gap between the reached position and the target increases slowly but constantly, demanding an origin return after 30 cycles. It looks like some pulses are lost between the driver and the motor. The slip ring is designed to accept hi-speed signal, but maybe I have a problem in the connections ?

Has anyone already used a slip ring between a bruhless motor an its driver ?

Thanks in advance for your help.