OPC configuration, PC to S7-300 PLC

userxyz

I tried OPC, but I need help, doesn't work @ the moment.

In OPC scout I do not get my symbols of my projects.

this is my config:

opcc1.JPG

opcc2.JPG

opcc3.JPG

opcc4.JPG

opcc5.JPG

Everything looks OK, except for the following:
In NetPro, for the PC280 you have to add a "connection".
Select the PC280 - OPC Server, and then click on the "spreadsheet" like list below the graphical layout, and a dialog for adding a connection will appear. Specify an "S7" type connection if you are in doubt. From then on it is fairly straightforward.
You can also follow my guide in the downloads section.

Visual Basic question

Ok, I have the data in OPC scout, so this means I'm ready to do something in VB.

I know S7, I have an OPC connection and I know VB, but how can I connect data...

Example:

Dim a as input

a = OPC_BOOL

If a = true then
shape1.backcolor = .... green in hex...
Else
shap1.backcolor = .... red in hex???

U can understand what I mean by this, something I want to be able to do...

Abou the connection, I tought, OLE, but the only thing I can find in the list is this: ???

vbss.JPG

Opc

OPC is driving me nuts, Now I can't connect to online PLC's anymore, even I delete everything in the Station Configurator on the PC, can't get online anymore, Siemens = troubles

I know

I now know a little step further how to connect data in VB

dfds.JPG

But how can I write something

Step further

cscds.JPG

fgdvttt.JPG

And this is what I have tried to link the RAMP of my PLC to the text1.text object:

Private Sub DatCon1_ValueChanged(ByVal Count As Long, ByVal UserIDs As Variant, ByVal ItemIDs As Variant, ByVal Values As Variant, ByVal Qualities As Variant, ByVal TimeStamps As Variant)
weergave = RAMP
text1.Text = weergave
End Sub

Anyone can help who has experience with OPC ... ?

assignement doesn't work

I'm trying to assign something like the Siemens Manual tells metodo:

assignnnn.JPG

But, the SET butoon remains de-activated...

Any help from OPC and VB knowers ?

Use OPC scout to modify values or read the manuals from the OPC foundation. You must make groups and items.

Last edited:
Opc Scout

In OPC SCout I can read the values, so this is okay.

But I want to do something with it in VB