Device net

siash

hi Guys

I am field service engineer and i am now a days working on device net i naver work before.
today i try to connect my laptop through RSlinx via serial cable to a network and it shows failed to initailed.
any body can help me out from this

You did not mention what kind of plc your working with, anyway
when connecting a pc to a plc thru serial cable and rslinx, you have to configure your driver (df1) in rslinx, then after that you can use your rslogix 500 o 5000. Did you do this ??
If you can go on line with your plc then you can check you devicenet scanner data, but the best way to deal with devicenet is thru rsnetworx for devicenet and again you have to configure your rslinx driver before trying to connect your pc to your plc.
Once you are on line with rsnetworx for devicenet you can diagnose your netwok.
hope this will help

It sounds like you are using the 1770-KFD serial to DeviceNet interface module and RSLinx Classic.

Usually this error comes up because the 1770-KFD is not connected to a runnable DeviceNet network. This can mean there's no 24VDC power, or the termination resistors are not present, or that you have the 1770-KFD set for the wrong DeviceNet data rate (125/250/500 kb/s). If the network LED on the 1770-KFD doesn't flash green, the driver cannot be initialized.

Describe the rest of the system. What kind of PLC ? What kind of slave devices ? Is this system already running, or are you starting it up for the first time ?

The first book you should read about DeviceNet is the Media and Installation Guide, RA publication DNET-UM072. 90% of your problems can be solved by following the installation checklist on page 1-24.