5TI Timer/Counter access module

Hi
I'm not quite sure I understand your question. Do you ask what a 5TI TCAM module does?

This is a module for panel mounting. It is connected to a programming port on the old Texas Instruments 5TI Sequencer (plc).
It can read and write timer- and counter values (current and preset) and not very much more.
Regards
Bardes

Bardes,

Yes, it is what my question. But, I would like more understand how the timer value map in the PLC memory.

I am doing convertion of 5TI system to AB SLC500. I am converting the ladder coding to SLC500 now. The TCAM will be replaced by a small Panelview. But, I don't know what timer index or address are the TCAM using.

Thanks

The TCAM is/was a non-programmed device. It could show the current and set the preset value for timers and counters which exist in the program. As long as you can determine the timers and counters within a 5TI program knowledge about the 5TI adds nothing unless someone documented what "Timer 1" was as seen by the TCAM - but that translates directly to "Timer 1" within the program. It is similar to - though even less powerful then - the 1747-DTAM used with the SLC500.

An undocumented feature of the TCAM - I personally witnessed a frustrated engineer, unable to operate the TCAM correctly, begin pressing multiple buttons at random and dumped a 5TI program.

Hi
It is about 20 years since i last used a 5TI Tcam, so my memory may be a bit rusty. I don't have the manuals anymore.

I think the 5TI (as also the the 500/505 series) let timers and counters share a index range (no timer and counter with the same number)

For each there is TCP (Timer/counter preset) and TCC (Timer/counter current). Values 0-65567. Timer has a base 0.1 sec normally, but may be defined with a -F after (Fast timer with a timebase 1ms

I checked some old program listings, but they did not list the timer /counter index. I think the numbers can only be seen in the programming equipment? (Or it can be assigned a index according to its posision in the program? - unlikely?) I don't remember.

Regards
Bardes

You are converting to an SLC500. Don't worry about the T-CAM. By design the T-CAM can access all the timer/counter registers in the 5TI. It was simpler in the old days to do that. What you can do is either program a Panelview to access all the timers/counters that are actually used in the converted program, or a better way is to find out exactly what timers/counters need operator control. We have had systems using a T-CAM that the operators needed to adjust batch times. I would only program what is needed by operators.