Help with DATAGRID

ishmail

Hello all

i am working on a project that involves getting data from a PLC and using WINCC 6.2 to store it on a MS SQL SERVER 2005, i have so far been able to store the data in the database, and since the everything had to run automatically, that is the PLC sends a trigger pulse to WINCC and WINCC automatically saves the data, for that i used the action global script, and it works perfectly.

PROBLEM:

the purpose of the project was to be able to store data in the database so that it can be retrieved and analysed later on, the problem im having is that, although i can search the database for specific items, i can only display it on IOFIELDS, this is really cumbersome as, the seach may return up to 500 or more results at a time, and the user would then have to sit and click to view the next record.

i would like to display the retrived data on a datagrid, so the user does not have to click to view the next record, but click to say maybe view the next 200 records in a grid, but the most important thing would be for me to be able to display the information on a grid.

any help on this regard would be greatly appreciated.

If you want to access the SQL database using WinccV6.0 then you need to purchase a connectivity Pack and an additional license. I have used the D@ta Monitor one before and its straightforward. Check out the Siemens website as there are a number of options available.

i dont understand, i can access the database and query it, i just want to display on a datagrid, do i still need to get a connectivity pack, i hear that i dont need to use it if i would be coding everything with vb scripts, and i am using wincc6.2, not 6.0, so does that also mean that that applies to the 6.0 users only, have you done something similar before i just dont understand this connectivity pack concept.

please help.