Any experience with WinCC Flexible 2007 ?

JesperMP

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
Hi.

Now that this new release has hit us, I wonder if anyone have something good or bad to say about it.

I have heard from other sources that the news are so-so, and the most sought after improvements are missing or only improved slightly.
My problem is that I still have to support a lot of projects made with WinCC Flexible 2005 SP1, and if I install 2007 I cannot do that. I am preparing to have WMWare installed to allow me to work with both versions.

Hi,

I have the 2007 copy lying on my desk, but haven't installed it yet. Installing it would mean OS-updates (again) and doing all of them takes 2 days......

Waiting for a things to slow down before I'll install it and test it...

Jeebs

smf said:
Is the update to WinCC 2007 free?
No.

Service packs and hotfixes are normally free, but when the version number changes it means you have to pay.

That said, to me it looks like it should have been a "2005 SP2" rather than a "2007".