Ladder diagrams of gates

joeboy

Please help me the ladder diagrams of the following, I am a new learner.

1. AND gate

2. NOR gate

3. XOR gate

4. XNOR gate

5. NOT gate

Last edited:
Read the Book!!!

Find out what these logic gates are then if you can't figure out the ladder logic for most of it.... Give up and do something else.

This is an example of a AND gate.

gate.jpg

joeboy said:
Please help me the ladder diagrams of the following, I am a new learner.
1. AND, 2. NOR, 3. XOR, 4.XNOR 5. NOT
Note: I have read Lancie1's comments about doing homework in this thread. Maybe the OP's (Original Poster) translator won't handle the acronyms, so he needs some English text to go with it. Maybe others will benefit, not just the OP.

AND. 1 AND 1 = 1. All other combinations equal false (0). Ladder is two or more contacts in series.

NOR. An OR gate with inverted output. 0 OR 0 = 0. All other combinations are true (1).

XOR. Exclusive OR. WOrks the same as OR, but doesn't allow both inputs to be true. A OR B, but not both. Used in electronics to compare 2 numbers to see if they are equal.

XNOR. Strange term. I've never heard it before. Same as XOR above, but has an inverter on the output.

NOT. A simple inverter. 0=1 and 1=0.

EDIT: See Ron's link above. It explains it much better.

Last edited:
Let red letters be nc contacts and black letters no contacts
*=contacts in series
+=contacts in parallell

AND=A*B = I I--I I--()
NOR=NOT OR= A*B = I/I--I/I--()
XOR=EXCLUSIVE OR= A*B+B*A
---I--I I--I/I--I--()
,,,,I,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I
,,,,I--I I--I/I--I
XNOR=EXCLUSIVE NOT OR=A*B+A*B
NOT= A

Hope you understand it isnt easy to draw with characters...
The XNOR and NOT function you can figure out yourself

Last edited: