RSView Studio ME - Can't open displays

jedft

I created a project, then backed up the application and transferred it to a laptop for DL to the PV+. In the process of testing the program I of course made changes to a few screens and also set up security so I could limit access to one of the screens. This involved setting up the whole Factory Talk stuff, which I still don't fully understand, mostly because I don't want to take the time to read that novel. This is a stand alone panel that will never talk to anything but the PLC (an SLC5 5/05). OK, so now the project is done and I back up the program that is on the laptop and restore it on my desktop PC so I can do screen shots for O&M manuals. Only now I can open the project in RSView, but NOTHING in it. No displays, or anything else. This is true for ALL projects in RSView now, not just the one I'm working on. I assume this is because the security needs to also be set up on the desktop. Is this the case or is there something else I'm missing?

Last edited:
Could it be that you don't have your explorer window opened.
If you have it closed, when you open another project, nothing will appear.
Click on View / Explorer Window.

No, I have it open and can see the whole tree, but can open nothing. The really crazy thing is I can actually use the application test feature and test it. I can also create a new display, but as soon as I save the new display and close it I can't re-open it.

southerndandy said:
So you can see your screens and stuff in the tree but can't open it?

Yep... so I uninstalled and re-installed RSView and FactoryTalk and now I can open and edit the sample projects. However, now it will not restore the project I am working on. It says there is either not enough memory, or the project already exisits on the drive. Neither statement is correct. o_O

Oh geez, when I re-installed RSView I forgot to also install RSLinx Enterprise. So I did that, and now it let me restore my backed up project. šŸ™ƒ