1794-AENT Issue

Greg Dake

Greetings everyone,

I use the AB Flex I/O modules quite a bit, espectially coupled with the Ethernet module (1794-AENT). I have one AENT module which has a loss of communication randomly and happens about every 20-30 minutes. The loss of communication lasts for about 5 seconds and then restores. The lights on the module appear normal when this happens (except for the fact the network status light goes out when this happens). The module status shows up as faulted in the software when I get the loss of comm. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Greg

Not discounting a hardware problem, but have you tested all the network cables? To ensure correct operation all CAT5(e, 6, etc) cables should be tested with a real certification tool, not those $50 cable checkers. This also applies to fiber connections, but the test equipment is much more expensive.

Is the network isolated, could other traffic be causing a problem?

Found it...

Thanks for the quick response, but I just found the problem. I had another module on the same controller with an RPI inadvertently set to 1mS. The controller could not maintain this schedule and would drop out the module who was set to 750mS.

Thanks,

Greg