plc 2/16's communication problem

michaelchan

I have an old processor 2/16 1772-LXO,there is a 15 pin port than common 9 or 25 pin port,how can I communicate with the processor using my laptop?Do I need a new comm card or just a corrective comm cable?Could anybody tell me this?

The PLC-2 front port is a current-loop serial port, not an RS232 port.

Ideally you will use a 1784-PCMK card with 1784-PCM2 cable to connect to the front port of the PLC-2.

There was also at one time a "smart cable" that converted from RS232 to current loop and was compatible with AI-2 software, but these are not available commercially any longer.

There are also front-port to DH+ conversion modules from way back but I don't recall their part number.

Similar Topics

Hi, I have a Mitsubishi FX5U PLC where I cannot established communication via ethernet port of my computer. Search all videos and follow all the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I want to communicate slc5/03 cpu with Delta tp04 hmi through rs232 port. I tried through 1747cp3 cable directly but can not communicate...
Replies
Views
Hello I hope someone could help. I have installed Intouch 2014 R2 on a new HMI, Loaded the Intouch Project, Load DB, Configure the DAServer...
Replies
Views
Hello all, When trying to establish a serial connection between GX Developer and a Mitsubishi PLC I am faced with the following error message...
Replies
Views
Dear all, I have TSX 3721 PLC and it has two 8Pin mini din port, one is ter port and other is Auxilary port. can i upload logic from this port...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom