Mitsubishi E200

kiegmann

Does anyone have info on how to program this OI from the terminal, or a link to it? I can access some of the configuration, but not all. So far I am unable to get it with a laptop (perhaps a processor speed issue?) The OI is at least 8 years old.

Thanks
Michael

You need the E-Designer (or E-Designer Lite) software and a CAB5 cable. You should have no problem getting online with it, but beware of USB to serial converters. Not many work well with the Beijers screens. I've found the Keyspan USA-19 will work with E-Designer.

Thanks Crossbow, I do have E-Designer 7.1 (and higher on another Laptop) and CAB5. The laptop I use is a 266 MHz with serial ports. My guess is that the build version won't work with 7.1 I know that if I can get the program out I can get it into a new one and save some money (not that I'll ever see it :{-). I am quite limited on time to work on this. Ny normal job duties do not allow it.

If the firmware version in the screens is older, you might be able to use the older E-Designer 6.13 to get the program. Check the firmware in the screen and the available options in the 7.1.

You should have no problems uploading and downloading with what you have.

There is a problem on some HMi's, came across this recently.

An original was done with 5.xx

A new panel (E700)was fitted after operator destroyed keypad with same firmware version, but using V6.xx this failed to load all message libs, so decided to try 7.xx, this loaded all message & screens etc. but then the driver did not work, found out that when I loaded the original app, the driver needs to be re-selected in peripheral setup.

Had no problems after that.