AB SCL5/03 connected to a FPX-C30R

Hello, how are you all doing?

First of all, i want to thank for any info you can provide.

I have an autometed process controled by the AB SCL5/03 and connected to it there is a PanelView via the rs232(DF1) port. Now i have to conect this PLC to a FPX-C30R wich is controlling other thing raleted to the same process, my question is how can i get these to plc's talk between them. the FPX-C30R has to send data to the SCL5/03 in order to be viewed in the panel view.

Again Thank to you all for any help you can give me...
bye

What protocols does the Panasonic controller support ?

If you can send ASCII strings comprised of your data to the Channel 0 serial port of the SLC-5/03, you might have a chance to communicate between these two controllers directly.

Yes, you will have to move the PanelView to the other port. Your original designer may have done you a disservice by attaching the PanelView to Channel 0, which is the most flexible and powerful port on the SLC-5/03 controller.

The Panasonic PLC has a maxium of 3 serial port, it could be a rs232 or rs485 layer and between the protocols it handles modbus profibus ethernet...

I was thinking in conecting these two plc via a converter that changes protocol dh485 (SCL5/03) to modbus (FPX -C30R). It is possible to do that. I mean even if they are from differen companies...