Temperature Data Aquisition Question

Hi all,

I have a question for all you hardware gurus out there.
I am looking for a neat solution that can accept 24 thermocouple inputs and display them on the front of an existing panel.

If the solution also talks modbus RTU that would be absolutely perfect!

Theres an existing compactlogix in the panel and I looked at adding the IO and a Prosoft but it seemed pretty expensive and has no display without adding a PV+ or similar.
I then looked at a chart recorder solution but the customer only wants to display the instantaneous values and it seemed a bit of a waste of the recorders abilities, plus the fact theyre not cheap.

Anyways, if someone has something a little neater and/or cheaper, feel free to speak up.

Thanks.

For a Modbus RTU solution in the $1500 range, you could buy a Telemecanique Twido Modular PLC with 6 analog input cards that can each accept 4 thermocouple inputs. There are probably other PLC's with similar pricing and I/O that could be used.

The Tracker 321 is a DIN rail mounting signal conditioner which has a universal input accepting 4-20mA, 0-10V, thermocouples and RTD's and has Modbus RTU serial communications. See here