Omron CPM2A to RSView32

TConnolly

Lifetime Supporting Member
I need to interface an Omron PLC to RSView32, need is immediate. I'll have to use the programming port and cable as the RSView port is connected to an HMI. I looked at the Ingear OPC server and I see that Ken likes the Kepware OPC server. What is your experience interfacing Omron to RSView? What OPC servers do you like or don't like? What pitfalls do I need to look out for?

Alaric

Not really the same but.. I am using Automation Direct's 'KEPDirect for PLC's', using this from my AD plc's to RSView32, it works great...

I don't know much about OPC/DDE servers, so I have no idea if it will work with Omron's, but if it does I can send you my setup and it may save you some setup time.

I don't know if by the name KEP if they are made by the same manufacture? or is the a short from something.

Mark