PLC 5/40 Download Error

Edwinsky

I'm trying to download program from PLC 5/40 processor but this error preventing me from completing the download.

PLC5%20error.JPG

This PLC5 is linked to SLC 5/04 and exchanging datas thru DH+. Channel 0 of PLC5 is connected to HMI and i dont have PCMK card so I use channel 0 of SLC 5/04 OS401 configured to DFI-DH+ pass thru. This error appears on almost at the end of download. RSLinx can see both PLC with no error. I try to switch both plc to program before downloading but I still get this error.

I am using RSLogix5 ver5.00.01 and RSLinx lite ver 2.20.01 on Win98. I am connected to Channel 0 of SLC 5/04 using 1784-CP3 cable

Can you please help me figure out this problem?

Thank in advance

Edwin

Last edited:
You can't post a photo directly from your computer.
Go to photobucket.com & you can upload then point to the photo.

I'd try disabling the messaging between the PLC-5 and the SLC-5/04, then attempt the passthrough upload.

By the way:

Upload: Transfer program from PLC -> PC
Download: Transfer program from PC -> PLC

Thanks Ken. How do i disable messaging? When I switched to program mode both PLC, will this disable messaging?

Sorry, I mean uploading.

Yes, the easy way to disable messaging is to put the controllers into Program mode.

Check the physical connection on the DH+ as well. There should be terminating resistors at each far end of the daisy-chain network (total of 2). If running at 57.6 kb/s, use 150 ohm resistors and if running at 230.4 kb/s use 82 ohm resistors.

I put 150ohms resistor at each end and tried to upload, I got the same error. I disconnect the HMI at Ch 0 of PLC 5/40 and lucky to get connected. I was able to upload the program completely. When get back to DFI-DH+ pass thru connection I was able to get online without any error.

I now scanning the program trying locate what causes that upload error.

Thanks for your replies.

Regards,
Edwin