forward and reverse cicuit

stevef

in need a forward and reversing automatic cicuit for a pallet wrapper. using only two limit switches. and the bottom switch also shuts off the turntable after the cycle is finished. Any idea would help thanks.

Well what do you have now?
Do you have a machine with a PLC on it?
A machine with relays on it?
More info would be helpful in helping you.

This machine was saved from being scraped. I refurbished it from top to bottom for my company. I installed a micrologix 1200 plc. It has eight inputs and six outputs. I already wrote a program for it and it does work but not perfect. I used timers throughout the ladder and i want to eliminatet the one timer. The problem i see is when i have a tall pallet to be wrapped(not all the same size)the turntable countinues to spin longer than needed and with a short pallet it dosen't spin long enough. Mind you I am not a professonal programmer. I've only been at this about a year. Any help is good. thanx

I'll echo the 'sensor on top' idea. On the machine I deal with (wulftech) there is a sensor on top of the stretch wrap tensioner/dispenser that will see over the top of the pallet when it gets high enough and this triggers it to reverse the motor and lower back down.

IF there is one item I have done more then anything it is pallet wrappers. The sensors for height usually rides on the wrapper part.

What you usually have is a sensor on the table to count turns.
A sensor on the wrap mechanism that detects it is at the top of the pallet.
Usually a 90vdc motor for the wrap lift.
A 120v motor and gearbox for turntable.
Wrap mechanism has a sensor to determine that wrap roll is working i.e. not out or broken.

If you can take pictures please do so,
Definitely tell us what you have now and what you have done, please.

well, this thing is so old, no it does not have top of pallet sensor. all that it had when i recieved it was two adjustable limit switches. one for the top and one for the bottom. They ride on a rail that is attached to the carriage post. I'm up to the challenge of installing a sensor if that is the only solution to this dilema. What kind of sensor? Direct photo? retroreflective photo? or fiber optic?

Steve,

If you have two limit switches, you should be able to make it work. Could you post your Micrologix 1200 program? If you would please convert it to a PDF file then several here could help you.