Plc 5/25

the PLC-5/25 is an older "classic" style processor ... there's nothing wrong with that since MANY of them are still in operation - but most of the "new" books don't cover all of the information you might need ...

click this link for the processor User Manual ...

this link will take you to the Hardware Installation Manual which may also have some helpful information ...

if you can't find your answer in these books, give us more information about what you're trying to accomplish and we'll be happy to provide some more detailed help ...

Last edited:
PLC 5/25 switch setting

I have a PLC5/25 connected with 1771-ASB ser B module on Remote I/O port.I am unable to communicate with PLC 5/25 and 1771-ASB module. Both LEDs Active and Fault are blinking at once on 1771-ASB module (it indicates that u should check DIP switch setting).I have connected my PC to PLC 5/25 by 1784-KTX card through DH+ link on programming port.(3 pin DH+ port).

Regarding DIP switches i have following questions

1- SW1 switch8= should be set on Adapter(ON) or scanner (OFF).When Adapter mode is selected and when scanner mode is selected?. Should i use Adapter mode or scanner mode for communicating b/w 1771-AB and PLC5/25.

2- On my Processor (5/25) it is given that on
SW2 switch 1 = OFF (for 57.6Kbs baud rate),
in manual it is given an unused bit.

3- Should i close SW3 swtich 1 =ON (end of Remote I/O node.
Shoud i close SW3 switch 2= ON (End of DH+ node.

4 -Remember i am using 1/2 slot addressing with 32 bits modules . I have 16 slots in my local chassis. so my PLC chassis will occupy rack 0,rack 1 , rack 2 and rack 3.

5- So what address i put of rack number in SW2 (switch 4-8).
What i address i put on 1771-ASB SW1 (switch 1-6).

6- What should i select on SW2 switch 2 (half or full )PLC 5/25 processor.

With regards
M.Salman